Adult Primary Care Service
Adult Primary Care generally provides care to patients older than age 12 under the supervision of Dr. Patricia Estes-Walker, Chief of Service.
Full-scope family practice or primary care includes:
- Vision care for refractive conditions such as “nearsightedness,” “farsightedness,” astigmatism and presbyopia
- Treatment of eye injuries and infection
- Treatment of glaucoma
- Ocular emergencies
In the United States, optometry is recognized as the primary eye health and vision care profession. Service may also include:
- Comprehensive examinations
- Problem-specific examinations
- Oral Medications
- Eye glass prescriptions
- Contact lens prescriptions
- Vision Therapy referral
- Other health referrals
Optometrists in Tennessee enjoy one of the broadest scopes of practice. This means our doctors are able to provide comprehensive care to our patients while giving our interns the highest level of education possible today in optometry. No other eye health and vision care facility in our region is equipped to care for you better than The Eye Center.